Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wisdom of Cookies

Yesterday was the monthly birthday lunch here at your local Brain Imaging and Analysis Center, and we were treated to mounds of unexceptional Chinese food. Since the BIAC crew appears to be shrinking, there was much left over, including many fortune cookies.

I got hungry this afternoon and the pile of cookies called my name. They were some of the tastiest fortune cookies I have had (which isn't saying much), so I have decided to heed their wisdom:


You will find your solution where you least expect it.

Awesome, that means I don't have to do anything to get my solution.


You will soon be receiving sound spoken advice. Listen!

Ah, could this be said solution? If so, I am now expecting it...but I still do not know "where" it will come from, so I think I'm still good.


Life is a series of choices. Today yours are good ones.

I choose to eat another cookie.


You'll accomplish more later if you have a little fun this weekend.

Aha! Success! Permission to use mind-altering substances granted!


As I am actually looking for direction in life, I hope that my faith in small slips of paper encased by second-rate baked goods is not misplaced.

No comments: