Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Truly Hate Drinking

I took my girl out last night to celebrate her getting a new job. We went to a fancy beer bar, had some drinks and some food. It was fun.

I drank a glass of cabernet and two 9.4% IPAs (Founders Double Trouble - two word review: flavor explosion). It tasted good going down. Well, the cabernet was cheap so it was only ok, but the beer was good.

Then we left. You know that feeling you get when you're in the car leaving the bar and you can feel the sickness coming on? I had that. I didn't puke, but I definitely felt shitty.

I got home and all I could do is curl up on the bed and try to go to sleep.

I really don't get how some people drink all the time. It's literally poison, and it makes you feel like shit.

I went to bed at 10pm.

I woke up at 1:15am in pain, punishment for drinking the nasty stuff. Couldn't get back to sleep for hours.

Man, I really hate drinking.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

i hate drinking, but i still do it. why? especially considering i feel so much better when i don't... i guess we all have our vices...? or this is just what i tell myself