Monday, May 23, 2011

Well I totally didn't get the job I wanted...

I wasn't sure I'd get the job. I put my chances at 50-50, even after the interview. I'm not sure if they were even that high, and I landed on the crappy side of the odds.

I got really bummed today when I got the news. I haven't felt that depressed since my ex-girlfriend was ruining my life.

There will be other jobs, but this would have been incredible timing if I had gotten the job. My grant funding for my current projects is running out, so my current employer is scrambling to find a way to keep me on temporarily. It sucks.

I've applied to countless other research jobs, without any response whatsoever. Which is demoralizing, since research is just about the only thing I'm qualified.

Looks like it's time to start digging into the paralegal job postings. I could do that, and I've though about law school. So paralegal could be just up my alley while I continue the search for a writing gig. Mainly though, I just don't want to work in a restaurant.

So if you know anyone who needs a smart writer with computer skills and a research background, put in a good word for ole Michael. He'd be in your debt forever.

No comments: